AHOY AND WELCOME TO THE PIRATE CAMP AND SIDE SHOW!
Here be the tellin’ of tall tales, mischief and mayhem and a hunt for a bag of treasure or two. Should ye find yerself aground on the shore of our camp during the Lobster Festival there are a things to know before settin’ afoot in our den of briny swine…
This be the Capn’ and crew of the Red Swan on land for a spell with their amazing crew of stilt walkin’, glass eatin’ , fire breathin’ crew. Be prepared to be amazed and delighted day and night with music, dancin’, and tours of their beached ship. All new this year, biggger, better and more exciting!
When they asks ye to step on deck do so, for a reward awaits all young lads and ladies who join the Red Swan’s crew!
And what an unusual crew it is. They’ll be bringin’ their riggin’ ashore so look up and marvel as they race up the slacks, hang upside down and swing aroun’. Watch them spin their colors, stand on their hands and bend into amazing shapes! Be prepared for the clang of swords and the cracking of whips as they demonstrate their amazing mastery of ancient weapons. And when the sun sets and darkness is upon the shore, this motley crew transforms and will light the skies ablaze with a fantastical fire breathing, eating and dancing display.
And when asked to hunt for the Captain’s treasure run fast and run smart for he’ll share it with the one who brings it back to him. The crew goes ashore looking for the lost treasure when the clock strikes 2 in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday.
Finally when ordered to the galley, be sure and bake the Red Swan’s favorite fruitcake. Follow this recipe and don’t vary a drop or ye’ll be feeling their blades!
HOW TO MAKE A PIRATE FRUITCAKE
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup dried fruit
1 cup brown sugar
1 to 2 quarts Rum… Maybe more
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 can gunpowder
1 tsp salt
Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. Good isn’t it?
1) Now, go ahead. Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again as it must be perfect. To make sure the rum is of the highest quality, pour 1 level cup into a mason jar and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.
2) With a large spoon or heavy oar, beat 1 cup of butter into a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make sure the rum is of the finest quality. Cry another tup. Beat the cabin boy. Open second quart if necessary.
3) Add 2 arge leggs, 2 cups of fried duit and beat until you are high. If bruit gets stuck in featers, just pry it loose with a screwdriver. Whip the cabin boy or if you have one, an English officer. Check the brig.
4) Sample the rum again, thecking for tonsistency, then sift 2 cups of salt or anything, it really doesn’t matter. Then sample the rum.
7) Sift 1/2 pint of lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add what’s left of the cabin boy.
9) Add 1 babblespoon of brown thugar or whatever color you can find. (Can you still see color?) And wix mell. Grease oven and turn cake pan 350 degrees.
1) Now pour the hole mess into the boven and ake. Check the rum again and bo to ged. <hic!>